As part of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Skype for Business provides a single platform for calling, conferencing, video, and sharing, all using the Microsoft tools that are familiar to users.
Skype for Business has all the features needed to replace your existing phone system and can also be networked with your existing PBX enabling users to be migrated over time. In order to roll out Skype for Business in your organisation you will need to have the appropriate O365 licencing in place(E3+Phone System or E5) and have a carrier provide phone lines.
In Australia Telstra is the Preferred PSTN Calling Plan Provider for both Skype for Business On-Line and Microsoft Teams. Telstra provides companies with three calling plans which are based on a per user per month and 12 month contract. Standard Calling at $8.00 per user with all calls being usage rated and billed. Essentials Calling at $14.00 INCLUDES Unlimited Local and National Long Distance calling within Australia. The Premium Calling Plan goes one step further to INCLUDE Unlimited Local, National Long Distance AND calls to mobiles within Australia at $18.00 per user per month. Contact your CTI Solutions Account Manager for more information or use the FInd out More icon.
Should you wish to use alternate carriers, you will need an appliance known as a Cloud Connector Edition.
Skype for Business whether deployed On-Line or On-Premises provides really enhanced features including:,
- Auto-Attendants with day time and night time routing(Dial 1 for Sales, 2 for Widgets etc)
- Users can below to Call Queues with the ability to log in and out of these groups.
- In the event all users servicing these queues/groups are busy, callers can be queued
- A single application provides IM, audio and video calls, online meetings and document sharing
- Send invites dirtectly from Outlook which include information for attendees to join your meeting
- Use your existing Office apps and embed user presence information and single mouse click to dial
- Good integration with most existing communications technology
- Live data monitoring and analysis; interactive reports; simple dashboards and data visualisations
- Microsoft security to provide you peace of mind.